UK Homebuyers Ltd Data Controller
Data Controller Contact Details:
UK Homebuyers Ltd
Tel: 0800 051 7645
Consent – The information we collect
When you request an estimated offer or information regarding our property services, we need to know your name, email address and telephone number. We also need details of the property concerned.
We gather this information to allow us to deal with your enquiry effectively and to process any subsequent offer and purchase. The relevant information is then used by UK Homebuyers Ltd to provide our services and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of services and in general.
Personal data, or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data: Includes first name, maiden name, last name or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data: Include postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Profile Data: Includes orders made by you, your interests, preferences and, feedback and survey responses.
• Technical Data: Includes GA Client ID, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our website.
We also collect and use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we will not be able to progress with our services.
How we use your personal data
In order to provide our services, it may be necessary to share a limited amount of your personal contact information with third parties, such as but not limited to solicitors, surveyors and estate agents. This information is shared solely for you to progress with the service you have requested.
We will never pass your details onto a irrelevant third party. The data you provide UK Home Buyers Limited will only be used to facilitate your cash offer and/or to provide you with information and special offers around our services.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Click here to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Data Retention – How long we keep your data
UK Homebuyers Ltd will retain all personal data for as long as the individual is a customer of the company plus 6 years. This is subject to any overriding legal or regulatory requirements.
Any individual does of course, have the right to be forgotten. If you would like your personal data to be removed from UK Homebuyers Ltd’s system, you can do so by making a written request to our data officer at:
Post: Data Protection Officer
UK Homebuyers Ltd
Data Subject Right – Your rights to access personal information
In accordance with GDPR, an individual has the right on request, to receive a copy of the personal information held by UK Home Buyers Limited and to request that any inaccurate data be corrected or removed. As a customer of UK Home Buyers Limited, your personal rights are:
• To be told by the Company what information they hold and for what purpose your personal data is being processed.
• To be given a description of the data held and the recipients to whom it may be disclosed.
• To have communicated in an intelligible form the personal data concerned, and any information available as to the source of the data.
Upon written request to the company’s Data Protection Officer, we will provide a statement regarding the personal data held about you.
Personal Data Breach’s and Complaints
If you feel your personal data has been misused or you feel that we have not kept your personal details secure, you should contact our Data Protection Officer in the first instance to log a complaint.
If you are unhappy with our response or you need any further advice, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on the details below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused your personal data.